VOIP : Internet Telephone Calls
Welcome to VOIP
VOIP means Voice Over Internet Protocol or Voice Over IP.
In normal language it means a fully working telephone system that does
not use the conventional two wires to connect with the local public
telephone exchange. Instead the telephone calls are connected using an
When you use a web browser, the protocol (or semantics or syntax) used
by your web browser is HTTP (Hypertext
Transfer Protocol). VOIP uses the SIP protocol (Session
VOIP Replaces Normal Landlines
VOIP, or something probably similar, is the future of all landline
telephone systems. Local telephone numbers will be replaced by global
numbers. A VOIP telephone will be plugged into an Internet router, an
Internet hub or switch or gateway. VOIP is one of the best kept secrets
because businesses have used VOIP for many years. A few home users use
- Cheaper telephone call costs
- Free calls to other users of the same VOIP system
- Cheaper rental costs
- When you change your address (office or home) you take your VOIP
telephone and the same telephone number with you.
- Plug your VOIP telephone into any Internet connection anywhere in the
world and it will work.
- If your Internet connection has sufficient capacity, make and receive
live video calls.
To be continued